It’s no secret that we are huge fans of the next level marketing and sales toolkit HubSpot. It provides us with all the tools essential to bring our marketing, sales, and service to the next level. With HubSpot, we can get started with inbound and help our leads and customers in the best way possible.
In our previous blog, we talked about the features of the Marketing Hub. If you haven’t read it, click here! This second blog, we’ll discover all the possibilities of the Sales Hub.
The Sales Hub consists of three plans: Starter, Professional, and Enterprise. Besides these paid plans, you can also use HubSpot for free, so we’ll also show you the free features. In this blog, you’ll discover the features, the limitations of every plan, and how you can benefit from them.
Free Sales Hub
HubSpot’s foundation is its free CRM, where you can store all contact data and interactions in one secured overview. Besides this free CRM, the Marketing, Sales, and Service have other free features to offer.
Here’s a summary of Sales Hub’s free tools:
- Live chat: Offer your website visitors the possibility of one-to-one contact and get answers quickly. The live chat feature is free, but if you aren’t a paying user, HubSpot’s branding will appear at the bottom of the chat.
- Conversational bots: Automate your chat conversations and send them to the right chat agent (only to paid Sales and Service Hub users) or the right page. You can also automatically create tickets, qualify leads, and book meetings with the free tooling. However, you can’t create custom branching logic, and the chat will show HubSpot branding.
- Conversations inbox: Create a shared inbox for email and chat, that’s available to all your teams. With conversations inbox, any team member can see what’s been discussed with the clients. So your service team can help your customers in the best way possible, while your sales can find out what exciting prospects are looking for. Within the free Sales Hub, you get access to 1 conversations inbox.
- Calling: Directly from within HubSpot, every user can call up to 15 minutes monthly. You’re able to record your phone conversations, and it will be logged in the contact record automatically.
- Email scheduling: Create one-on-one emails for prospects and schedule them to get sent at the right time.
- Email tracking: Track your emails and get notified when these are opened or clicked. With the free Sales Hub, you can receive up to 200 notifications per month.
- Email templates: Create, save, and reuse emails that perform best, and share these with your team, so your communication to prospects is consistent. You can create up to 5 templates.
- Snippets: Create reusable pieces of content, so you can quickly answer frequently asked questions or add frequently used texts to your email. The free plan lets you create 5 snippets.
- Documents: Create a library of sales documents that you can quickly share with your prospects. You immediately see when the receiver has opened your email, and you can decide if receivers have to fill in their email address before opening the document. So you’ll always know with whom the document is shared, and maybe you can figure out who has which role in the sales process.
- Meeting planner: You never have to email back and forth again with HubSpot’s meeting planner! You simply share a link with your prospects and customers that shows a calendar with only the days and times that you’re available. With the free Sale Hub, you’ve access to 1 personal meeting link, and the meeting page shows HubSpot branding.
- Dashboard: See in one blink of an eye how your sales activities perform. Use this data to see which activities help you achieve your goals and where you can improve. The free Sales Hub provides you with 3 dashboards, each showing up to 10 reports.
- Deal pipeline: Keep track of your deals, and see your chances of closing them. The free plan gets you 1 deal pipeline.
- Messenger integration: Integrate Facebook Messenger with your HubSpot account, and automatically save contact data, let your target audience get in touch with you quickly, and create chatbots.
- Custom properties: Properties are where all contact, company, deal, and ticket data is saved, such as the name of a contact and the deal stage. Custom properties let you create your own properties for contacts, companies, and deals, so you’ll see the data you need. The free Sales Hub gets you 10 custom properties.
Sales Hub Starter
With Sales Hub Starter, you get everything the free Sales Hub has to offer and more. Think of features such as currencies, keeping track of your goals, and creating quotes straight from your HubSpot account. We always advise our clients to begin with Sales Hub Starter, so you get to know it and get in a flow with all that HubSpot has to offer.
Below you will find everything Sales Hub Starter has to offer:
- Live chat: Let your target audience get in touch with you easily with live chat. The tooling is the same as it is with the free Sales Hub, but you won’t see HubSpot branding.
- Conversational bots: Sales Hub Starter gets you the same functionalities as the free plan but without the HubSpot branding.
- Conversations inbox: Just like the free hub, Starter grants access to 1 conversations inbox.
- Calling: Starter lets every user call up to 8 hours each month.
- Email scheduling: The same as the free plan.
- Email tracking: Get an unlimited amount of notifications instead of the 200 the free plan offers.
- Email templates: With Starter, every paid Sales Hub seat can create and use up to 1,000 email templates. Free users can only view and use the first 5 templates. You can read more about paid seats and free users under Pricing.
- Snippets: Sales Hub Starter users can create and use up to 1,000 snippets, free users can only view and use the first 5.
- Documents: Add up to 1,000 sales documents to your HubSpot account. Only paid seats can use all documents, free users can only view and use the first 5.
- Meeting planner: Create 1,000 personal and team meeting links without any HubSpot branding.
- Dashboard: Sales Hub Starter lets you create 10 dashboards, each containing up to 10 reports.
- Deal pipeline: Create 2 different pipelines.
- Messenger integration: Besides the functionalities the free plan has to offer, Starter also lets you book meetings with a bot.
- Custom properties: Create up to 1,000 custom properties.
- Goals: Set goals and see how your team performs based on quota. With Starter, you can only track the monthly revenue.
- Currencies: Add up to 5 different currencies to your HubSpot account.
- Rep productivity performance: See how many emails, tasks, calls, deals, and meetings every sales rep has and keep track of your team’s productivity.
- Conversation routing: Assign incoming email and chat conversations automatically to the right sales rep.
- Simple automation: Trigger tasks and notifications when a deal gets to another stage inside the deal pipeline.
- Quotes: Create and share professional-looking quotes right from your HubSpot account. Sales Hub Starter isn’t linked to a product library and doesn’t offer eSignature and an integration with a payment system.
- Stripe integration: Quickly pay all quotes created with HubSpot.
- Email and in-app support: Get in contact with HubSpot’s support team via email or the app.
Sales Hub Professional
Are you ready for the next step? Do you want to discover functionalities such as sales automation with sequences, personalized videos, or the product library? Then Sales Hub Professional might be the right step for you!
Below you’ll find a list with all the features of Professional:
- Live chat: Chat with your target group, the same as the Starter Hub.
- Conversational bots: Besides all the features of the Starter Hub, Professional lets you create custom branching logic and advanced targeting.
- Conversations inbox: Get access to 100 shared inboxes.
- Calling: Every Sales Hub Professional user can call up to 16 hours each month.
- Email scheduling: Schedule emails, the same functionalities as the free plan.
- Email tracking: Just like Starter, you get an unlimited amount of notifications.
- Email templates: Just like Starter, all paid users can create and use 1,000 templates.
- Snippets: The same as Starter. All paid users can create and use up to 1,000 snippets.
- Documents: Just like Starter, all paid users can add and use up to 1,000 documents.
- Meeting planner: Just like Starter, you can create 1,000 personal and team meeting links.
- Dashboard: Professional lets you create 25 dashboards containing up to 20 reports each.
- Deal pipeline: Create up to 15 different deal pipelines.
- Messenger integration: Besides everything Starter has to offer, Professional lets you assign the chat to the right chat agent, create advanced branching logic, and expanded reports.
- Custom properties: Just like Starter, you can create 1,000 custom properties.
- Goals: Limited to monthly revenue.
- Currencies: Add up to 30 different currencies to your HubSpot account.
- Rep productivity performance: Just like Starter, you can see how every sales rep performs.
- Conversation routing: Just like Starter, you can assign emails and chat conversations to the right sales rep automatically.
- Simple automation: Professional triggers tasks and notifications in any step of your sales pipeline.
- Quotes: Send up to 100 quotes per deal.
- Stripe integration: Quickly pay any quote created in HubSpot.
- Workflow extensions: Trigger actions automatically and send data to third party applications.
- Sequences: Send automated follow-up emails and create tasks, so you know every valuable prospect gets the follow-up they deserve. When a prospect answers an email, they will roll out of the sequence. Professional lets you create up to 1,000 sequences, and every user can send up to 500 emails per day.
- eSignature: ESignature lets you quickly and digitally sign any quote, so you never have to print out your documents. With Professional, every user can sign 10 documents each month.
- Deal stage, task, en lead rotation automation: Use workflows to automate your sales process, such as automatically updating the deal stage and creating new tasks. Professional lets you build up to 300 workflows.
- Smart send times: HubSpot suggests which times are best to send your emails.
- Salesforce integration: Keep your HubSpot and Salesforce in sync with the Salesforce integration. Professional lets you integrate 1,000 field mappings, 10,000 Salesforce owners, and 1 account.
- Required fields: With required fields, you make sure all the necessary properties are filled in when someone creates a new contact, company, deal, or ticket. When making fields required, your data is consistent so you can make better predictions.
- Custom reporting: Create your own reports, so you’ll only see those results you and your team need to grow and improve. Professional lets you create 100 custom reports.
- 1:1 video creation: Create and share personalized one-to-one videos for prospects, straight from your HubSpot account. With a video, you stand out between all the simple emails or calls.
- Queues: Create a playlist or queue of tasks, so you never get disturbed with small activities again. You schedule a moment to do all your tasks, and HubSpot brings you automatically to the right contact record.
- Standard contact scoring: Create criteria so leads get points when performing certain activities. That’s how your most exciting leads get the most points, so you know exactly when they’re ready for sales. These criteria can be downloading an ebook, filling in a contact form, or opening emails. Professional lets you create 5 scoring properties.
- Company scoring: You can also create scoring properties for companies, so you know which companies are valuable for keeping an eye on. With Professional, you can make up to 5 scoring properties.
- Products: Add all your products to your HubSpot account, and see how your sales perform with every product. Within the product library, you see which products sell best and which need a little more love. Besides, you can also quickly add your products to the quotes you create within HubSpot.
- Slack integration: Create tasks, get notifications, and share contacts, directly within your Slack channel.
- Calculated properties: Create properties that automatically calculate themselves based on data from other fields. Great for calculating things like commissions and splits. Professional lets you create 5 calculated properties.
- Record customization: Add extra sections to your contact, company, deal, and ticket records, so you only see that data you and your team need. With Professional, you can create 20 custom views.
- ABM: Get started with Account-Based Marketing and Sales, and create a strategy based on attracting only your most valuable companies.
- Account overview: View deal progress metrics within the company record.
- Email & In-app support: Get your questions answered by HubSpot’s support team via email or in the app.
- Phone support: With Professional, you can also get phone support from HubSpot’s support team.
Sales Hub Enterprise
When you want to go all the way, and are ready for the big time, then Enterprise is the way to go! Enterprise grants access to everything that HubSpot has to offer sales. So besides the features of Professional, you also get access to playbooks, quote-based workflows, and phone transcriptions.
Below you’ll find a summary of all the features of Sales Hub Enterprise:
- Live chat: The same as Sales Hub Starter.
- Conversational bots: Besides the functionalities of Professional, you can also code your own bots and add webhooks.
- Conversations inbox: Just like Professional, you can create up to 100 shared inboxes.
- Calling: Every Sales Hub Enterprise user can call up to 33 hours per month.
- Email scheduling: Like the free tooling, you can quickly schedule emails, so they are automatically sent in the future.
- Email tracking: Get unlimited notifications when emails are clicked or opened.
- Email templates: Just like Starter and Professional, Enterprise users can create and use 1,000 templates.
- Snippets: Just like Starter and Professional, Enterprise users can create and use 1,000 snippets.
- Documenten: Just like Starter and Professional, with Enterprise, all paid users can add and use up to 1,000 sales documents.
- Meeting planner: Just like Starter and Professional, you can create 1,000 personal and team meeting links.
- Dashboard: Enterprise lets you create up to 50 dashboards, each having 20 reports.
- Deal pipeline: Create up to 50 different deal pipelines.
- Messenger integration: Add your own code and create your own bot actions.
- Custom properties: You can create up to 1,000 custom properties.
- Goals: With Enterprise, you can set goals for all your sales activities. See if your sales team has had enough call conversations, meetings booked, deals created, revenue generated, and much more.
- Currencies: Add up to 200 different currencies.
- Rep productivity performance: The same as Starter and Professional.
- Conversation routing: The same as Starter and Professional.
- Simple automation: The same as Starter and Professional.
- Quotes: You can create up to 100 per deal.
- Stripe integration: Pay quickly all the quotes that are created within HubSpot with your Stripe account.
- Workflow extensions: Trigger actions and pass data to other tools you use or your own custom applications.
- Sequences: Enterprise lets you create 1,000 sequences per account, and every user can send 1,000 emails daily.
- eSignature: With Enterprise, every user can sign up to 30 documents with their eSignature per month.
- Deal stage, task, and lead rotation automation: Enterprise lets you create 1,000 workflows.
- Smart send times: Get recommendations on the best time to send an email for every unique prospect.
- Salesforce integration: Enterprise lets you integrate 1,000 field mappings, 10,000 Salesforce owners, and 1 account into your HubSpot account.
- Required fields: Choose which properties are required to fill in when creating new contacts, companies, deals, or tickets.
- Custom reporting: Enterprise lets you create 500 custom reports.
- 1:1 video creation: Create one-to-one videos within HubSpot.
- Queues: Create a string of tasks so you can create focus for specific tasks on a particular moment.
- Standard contact scoring: With Enterprise, you can create 25 scoring properties for contacts.
- Company scoring: With Enterprise, you can create 25 scoring properties for companies and associated objects such as contacts and deals.
- Predictive lead scoring: Set criteria and let HubSpot do its magic in qualifying your leads based on these criteria. So you only have to focus on those leads that have the highest chance of closing a deal.
- Products: Add products and manage these in your HubSpot account.
- Slack integration: Create tasks, receive notifications and share contacts within Slack.
- Calculated properties: Enterprise lets you create up to 200 calculated properties.
- Record customization: Create fully customized layouts for contact, company, deal, ticket records, so you and your team only see the data you need.
- ABM: Get started with Account-Based Marketing and Sales.
- Account overview: Review deal progress metric within a company record.
- Hierarchical teams: Organize all the users within your account based on team, region, business unit, brand, or any other criteria, so it suits the way your team works.
- User roles: Give every user in your HubSpot account their own role and permissions, so they can edit and view only those things that are necessary for them.
- Playbooks: Build your own library full of sales best practices and sources to share with your team.
- Webhooks: Use webhooks to transfer data from your HubSpot account to other web applications you use. Webhooks are somewhat the same as an API, like the one we’ve created to integrate HubSpot with MODX.
- Quote-based workflows: Sales managers sometimes want to check the conditions or the discount before quotes are sent to prospects. With quote-based workflows, you set conditions, so that the approval process is automated.
- Recurring revenue tracking: Created detailed reports, and manage and track recurring revenue and renewals.
- Call transcription: Transcribe any recorded call made using your HubSpot account, and save yourself time and manual effort.
- Email & In-app support: Get support from HubSpot via email or within the app.
- Phone support: Get phone support from HubSpot’s support team.
HubSpot continuously updates and expands its functionalities and plans. It can occur that some functionalities mentioned above aren’t part of a specific plan or that these have been changed. We try to keep the information in this blog as up-to-date as possible.
Sales Hub add-ons
Besides the different plans within the Sales Hub, HubSpot also let you add more contacts and choose between additional add-ons. You can use these add-ons to expand your HubSpot account even further.
The add-ons of HubSpot are:
- Reporting: Increase the number of dashboards you can create to up to 300, and build up to 3,000 extra custom reports.
- Ads: Increase your ad spending limit to $ 50K and create 50 extra audiences.
- Custom SSL: The Professional and Enterprise plan come with a standard SSL certificate. This custom SSL is a premium SSL for additional customization.
- API: Increase the API call volume for your integrations with HubSpot and other services to 1,000,000 calls per day.
Pricing Sales Hub
You might wonder what all these great features would cost. The costs within the Sales Hub do need some explaining. Keep in mind that HubSpot continuously updates its plans, and therefore the pricing of it. Below we’ll give you some examples of the Sales Hub costs and how this is calculated:
Except for the free Sales Hub, Sales Hub Starter is the cheapest of all. Instead of looking at the number of contacts in your CRM - like it was with the Marketing Hub pricing - the Sales Hub looks at the amount of paid users. There’s an unlimited number of users that can access your HubSpot account, but they can’t access all the functionalities. Sales Hub Starter comes with 2 paid users for € 46 per month. If you want more users to access Sales Hub Starter’s features, you can upgrade it within the Sales Hub Starter without switching plans. Every extra Sales Hub Starter user is € 23 extra per month. So if you want 5 paid users, you’ll pay € 115 per month.
Because Sales Hub Professional has more functionalities, you also pay more per paid user. Sales Hub Professional comes with 5 paid users. For every extra user, you’ll pay € 90 extra per month.
Enterprise is even more expanded, but it also comes with 10 paid users. For every extra paid user, you’ll pay € 110 extra per month.
Do you want to know all the pricing of the Sales Hub? Visit https://www.hubspot.com/pricing/sales, choose your plan and the number of paid users, and get started!
Get Started With HubSpot's Sales Hub
Together with our HubSpot partner Seefore, we implement HubSpot for your organization. We can integrate anything with HubSpot, but our integration with MODX is unique. With our HubSpot API, we can fully integrate HubSpot in the MODX content management system, so you can get started with features such as chat(bot), forms, CTAs, and personalization. Directly within the MODX CMS, you can personalize elements or complete pages based on one or more data sources, such as persona, lifecycle stage, and also the weather and the location of the website visitor.